Friday 7 September 2018

Andrew Barclay

IMG_5593

A new arrival, a fine Andrew Barclay model from Hattons. I'm not really up to speed with recent RTR releases, but I am really impressed with the detailing of this model - I'm talking brake rods, sand pipes, brake shoes that look like they are touching the wheels, super fine handrails.

IMG_5597

And although rather tricky to photograph, the cab interior looks like you could get in and drive it (if you were 76 times smaller). Oh, and the buffers are actually sprung. It runs well too, although I've only tried it on my son's train-set. It could have been geared a little slower being an industrial shunter, but it ran smoothly down to low speeds.

IMG_5601

Now, I seem to have accidentally started a collection of industrial locos in OO. Oh dear...

No comments: