Saturday, 12 September 2026

Rapido arrives in 009

Last week I completed another circuit of the sun, and was rewarded with gifts, including this lovely Kerr Stuart Sirdar by Rapido.


It is truly small but delightfully detailed. I picked the yellow not just because it is attractive, but it reminded me of the Minitrains Bagnall which was my first ready-to-run 009 model. The Rapido model is a brighter shade - it looks more yellow in the photograph, which is odd as it looks more orange in reality - although I expect it will tone down with a oily-cloth finish weathering. I'm pleased to say it runs as well as it looks too.


I also got a couple of the new Rapido wagons. I have plenty of kit-built wagons, but I couldn't resist some with witty liveries! They could work well in Loctern's shunting challenge, although I'd need to change the couplings. There's also another Peco Glyn Valley coach which will complete a short rake for Hexworthy. 

There was also a loco kit - more on that another day. I have to say that Rapido's arrival in 009 looks to be excellent, and will complement the products of Peco, Kato, Heljan and Bachmann. 

No comments: