Tuesday 14 March 2023

Wealden Railway Group exhibition - Steyning

On Sunday I visited the Wealden Railway Group exhibition in Steyning. This group's show was the last show I attended before Covid, which was the first show I exhibited Loctern Quay at, so it was nice to see the show return. This time both the halls of the Steyning Centre were used making space for more layouts, but also more space around them, at least in some places (often the show has felt quite crowded). 

The larger hall seemed poorly lit so some layouts without their own lighting were difficult to see and photograph, but here are a few shots I did get. Also, no show guide so details are from what I know or can remember.


Rhiw by Chris Ford, his usual "less is more" style applied to "modern" standard gauge, and a second version of the same theme. 


Largarand Limeworks in On30, compact but interesting with double-sided viewing. 


Simon Hargreaves showed is lovely little inglenook, which has developed scenically since I last saw it last year. 


A top view of Simon's tiny layout which fits in a box on the back of his motorbike!


Ian Roberts showed his 1:32 scale 16.5mm gauge model of the Dalmunzie railway, this was a new layout although I'd seen a previous layout of his based on the same theme, albeit more loosely. 

This nicely modelled and presented little micro is, according to Chris, a Czech layout in TT by Alan Monk.


There was a diorama competition, both these two entries were by Giles Barnabe. I like them both, but the street scene is probably my favourite. 


No comments: