Sunday, 9 August 2026

Bexhill Exhibition with Hexworthy

Yesterday I took Hexworthy to the Bexhill model railway exhibition. I was assisted by "local" Stephen Fulljames of Light Railway Stores, who brought a rake of the LRS exclusive GWR wagons by Rapido. Since the other end of the line to Hexworthy meets the GWR at Buckfastleigh, these seemed quite appropriate. 


The layout performed well and Stephen got the hang of operations quickly, which gave me time to check out the rest of the show. It was good to see a heavy narrow-gauge bias in the layouts! I didn't pick up a program so I don't have names. There were a couple of nice O16.5 layouts. 



And a a slate quarry in O14. The shed doors open, wagon turntables rotate, and the wagons are hauled in and out.



A busy and highly detailed On30 logging layout, with some characterful stock.


And a 009 layout featuring a zoo... with a private siding!


Yes, that is a zebra in the "cattle van"!


There were also some nice standard gauge layouts.





No comments: