Monday 16 January 2017

Bognor Show

Last Saturday I took my son over to Felpham near Bognor, for the Bognor Regis MRC exhibition. It's all you'd expect for a local club show, with a good selection of layouts, though my favourites were of course the narrow gauge ones.

IMG_2148

Tokar is a 009 layout by Peter White, set unusually in the desert in 1930's Sudan. This view of an oasis really sets the scene.

IMG_2147

At the other end a busy scene in a desert town is full of life. An interesting and fun layout in a small space.

IMG_2162

This O-16.5 layout I can't find in the program, but the station is named Nore Wood, and has some rather nice scenic work and buildings.

IMG_2151

Not narrow gauge, but I liked this little train on a diorama - I think by one of the club's junior members. Very Titfield Thunderbolt, and nice weathering.

The show had good trade support too; my son managed to find a second hand Diesel loco (well priced) to spend his Christmas money on, while I managed to spend some money with what he calls my favourite stall - locally based Squires. I must have new project plans...

No comments: